We live in a new age, where the consumer is more health conscious, and more aware of the ill-effects of not eating right. And eating right, as we all know, is not just about eating the right kind of food, is also about eating food that is cooked the right away. One important criterion for healthy cooking is using minimal or no oil/fat. Given the sedentary lifestyle most of us lead, this is an extremely important facet of healthy cooking. So, what can you do to ensure oil-free cooking, without losing out on the taste of food, and while ensuring that the food does not stick to the cooking utensil or get burnt? That’s where nonstick becomes important, as it enables healthy, oil-free cooking (or at least cooking in much less oil).
Non-Teflon cookware is among the best such cooking utensils that are non-toxic and do not cause any damage to the nutritional value of the food, nor cause the food to become dangerous as a result of toxicity. This eco-friendly cookware is ideal for all varieties of cooking, making it a safe cooking option. So, which is the best non-Teflon cookware available on the market? There are many options to choose from. Here are a few we’ve checked out.
WearEver C943SA Pure Living Nonstick
With its ceramic coating, the WearEver C943SA is a cadmium-free, dishwasher and oven safe 10-piece cookware set that is designed for healthy cooking, with total ease. It is environment friendly, just the way you want your cookware to be, in order to provide healthy food for your family.
The set comes with a host of useful features to make it a useful tool for your multiple cooking needs, and a major asset for your kitchen.
- It’s a PTE-free and PFOA-free set made of recyclable material, making it a healthy and environment-friendly cooking set
- It’s durable and long lasting, thanks to its heavy-gauge aluminum with ceramic coating, offering high level of resistance to stain and scratches
- When it comes to handling, it’s an extremely superior choice for those looking for ease of use and safety, with its soft-touch silicon ergonomic handle enabling a secure and comfortable grip
- It’s designed to take temperatures as high as 350°F, so you can cook virtually anything in these nonstick pans without the fear of burning your food
- It’s crafted for even distribution of the heat due to the robust aluminum base, thus ensuring efficient cooking
- The cooking surface can handle up to 700°F heat, with oven safety of 350°F, making it ideal for searing
- This cookware doesn’t require too much oil for cooking; hence, you get healthier meals for you and your family
- The cookware is not suitable for induction cooking
- You can ruin the seasoning of your food unless you get the temperature just right
- The pans can get damaged in a dishwasher; hence, they are best cleaned by hand, using a non-abrasive brush
- The white covering on the bottom of the pans tends to come off after some use
- Manufacturers have been reported to fail on delivering the lifetime warranty
It’s obviously a bargain item that’s as good as its price, though, and adequate care you can use it to whip up healthy and fat-free meals for quite some time. As long as you don’t expect it to last a lifetime, it’s quite a useful set to own for an affordable price, and definitely worth trying out.
Vremi 15 Piece Nonstick Cookware Set
The Vremi is a compact set of nonstick pots and pans with cooking utensils that are PTFE and PFOA free, and of course designed for environmental safety.
The Vremi set comes equipped with all the basic features you’d expect from a complete nonstick cookware set, without a high price tag to it.
- It’s perfect for a variety of everyday cooking needs, with its durable aluminum construction crafted to withstand the cooking requirements of a wide range of foods
- The five non-stick cooking utensils included in the set are BPA
- The range of sizes of the utensils, which includes frying pans, sauce pans and Dutch ovens, ensures that the set has something for every cooking need
- The cookware is oven safe, with glass lids for the soup and stock pot, providing additional functional ease for the stovetop as well as the oven
- The set is easy to clean and maintain, with simple instructions to be followed
- The nonstick part works well, and does what it’s meant to do—enable easy cooking without much oil
- The manufacturer recommends hand washing, clearly suggesting that it’s not really as dishwasher friendly as it’s claimed to be
- The enamel quality leaves much to be desired and you’ll probably find it burning off on a gas stove
- The utensils don’t appear to be really tough and there have been complaints of cracking or getting warped/bent
- Stacking is a problem, which leads to issues of putting or packing them away
This set definitely provides value for your money, and a great item for personal use and for gifting. Of course, the quality is as good or bad as the price, so you may be a little disappointed with some of the things associated with this set.
T-fal A857S3 Specialty Nonstick Omelet, Fry Pan, Sauté Pan Cookware Set
For a 3-piece set of omelet and sauté cookware set, this T-fal set proves itself to be quite versatile. It’s dishwasher safe and PFOA free, making it suitable for your basic, daily cooking needs for frying, making delicious omelets and for sautéing.
For the price, you really can’t ask for more. T-fal boasts of great quality for the limited use it’s meant for.
- The set includes 8”, 9.5”, and 11” fry pans, designed to meet any meal requirement, albeit of a limited variety
- The base, made of durable and solid aluminum, provides uniform heating, thus ensuring that there are no hot spots
- The handle is ergonomically designed, providing total comfort, ease of use and safety
- It’s easy to clean, and requires very little effort in cleaning
- Every piece is free of PFOA, lead and cadmium
- Oven safety is ensured up to 350°F with these pans
- It’s designed for fast cooking, with evenly distributed heat
- The nonstick quality is excellent, both in the interior and exterior of the pans
- Handles are quite flimsy and tend to become loose, with no way of tightening the screws
- A little oil is needed to ensure total non-stickiness, which the more health conscious among you may not like
- The pans are shaped concave, causing the oil/butter to slide off to the sides
This is a good set for serving your basic needs for healthy cooking. Though somewhat flimsy, the plastic handle is surprisingly resistant to heat and you won’t find it burning or melting. That makes it a safe cooking option, with its even heating feature ensuring that your food is done just the way it should be, without being under- or overcooked.
Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set
If it’s a large range of non-stick cooking utensils you need, you’ll find this set quite useful as it comes in an amazing 12 pieces. And if it’s a little high-end in terms of pricing, there are several good reasons for it, not the least being its durability, backed by even and fast cooking.
There are many features that make the Rachel Ray Cucina cookware an ideal partner for cooking all your cooking needs.
- The set consists of two covered saucepans (1-qt/3-qt), along with one 6-qt. covered stockpot, besides two skillets (8”/10”), and one 3-qt covered sauté pan, making it a complete cooking range
- It’s made of solid and durable aluminum with robust exteriors constructed with hard enamel porcelain
- The PFOA-free coating ensures that the food doesn’t get stuck
- The handles are dual-riveted and made of rubberized stainless steel, making them easy to use and comfortable
- The glass lids on the utensils are shatter resistant
- Set contains a slotted turner and spoon to make cooking easier
- It’s oven-safe up to 400°F, which is better than most nonstick Teflon
- The pans are stylish in design and are crafted to add a zing to even the dullest of kitchens
- The heating is uniform and even, making cooking fast and time-saving
- It’s not suitable for induction cooking
- The color tends to fade quickly
- There have been complaints of the coating peeling off after brief use
- The taste seems to be affected for the worse in the sauté pans and stock pots
- The lids are a problem as they are fitted on the exterior of the lip
You get a lot with the Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set though some problems do seem to crop up every now and then. But when it comes to stylish looks and even cooking, this is an unbeatable set, which you don’t want to lose out on, especially if you like giving the best to your family when it comes to food.
T-fal E765SH Ultimate Hard Anodized Scratch Resistant Titanium Nonstick Cookware Set
This 17-piece T-fal set with their Thermo-Spot heat indicator and anti-warp base is the ultimate when it comes to hard-anodized scratch-resistant pans that are dishwasher and oven safe. You can do a lot with the T-fal, and be satisfied with the set, which gives you so many options.
This safe-cooking option is a complete cooking range in itself, with its 17 pieces designed for different cooking needs.
- This 17-piece set includes 8” fry pan, 10.25” fry pan, 11.5” fry pan with lid, 10.25” square griddle; 1-quart, 2-quart and 3-quart sauce pans with lids, 3.5-quart deep sauté pan, and also a 5-quart Dutch oven with lid, along with a 3-quart steamer insert with two side handles, and a one-egg wonder
- The utensils are highly durable as a result of the hard-anodized aluminum construction, which also makes it easy to clean
- Proper pre-heating is ensured with the unique Thermo-Spot heat indicator
- Works efficiently for a long time because of the hard nonstick interiors made of titanium
- The silicon handles are riveted to provide a high level of comfort and safety, making the cookware easy to use and offering good protection from heat
- The base is techno-resistant and also anti-warp, providing oven safety up to 400°F, and ensuring uniform heating
- Users have complained of cracks developing in the non-stick coating along the edges
- The frying pans don’t come equipped with lids
- The dots start peeling off with just a little use, causing the food to start sticking
Summary The quality of these pots and pans may not be of the highest order but they do a good job as long as they last. You may find it worthwhile to go for T-fal if for no other reason than the fact that the range of equipment it offers in this one set is hug